U.V.Tech Systems Micron Filter Catridges are manufactured to give considerable dirt holding capacity coupled with high flow rates and low pressure drops and can provide you with an absolute micron size of upto 0.2 M. These are generally placed in a decreasing order from 5, 1, 0.45, 0.2 M. so that each takes similar load and thus they can maintain a longer life. Catridge elements cannot be backwashed but are generally treated as disposable” elements.
The Micron catridge elements consists of a perforated support core of plastic or metal into which yarn is wound at a pre-set rate providing each rating of element with its own distinctive winding pattern and performance. During the winding process the yarn is usually brushed (or napped). This has the effect of increasing the working area of the elements thus providing a higher dirt holding capacity whilst maintaining the rigid structure.
Standard PP Catridge are suitable upto 90 deg.C although a tin or stainless steel core can extend this to 125 deg C for short periods. Other fibers such as polyester and cotton, nylon and rayon can operate at higher temperatures and have differing chemical compatibility. For very high temperatures and for very strong oxidising agents baked glass fibre elements are used. Glass fibre elements are fitted with voiles as standard and other cartridges can also be fitted with voiles whenever necessary.
Micron Filters come in the following types of Housings and Cartridges:
- Polypropylene – They are made up of high quality of PVC / HDPE
- Stainless Steel (304 / 316) – These housing are used mainly in Mineral water production and places were they need high quality, high pure water like pharmaceutical industries, etc.
- Spun type – They are used for normal filteration and do not have a long life.
- Wound type – They are used for filtering water with high turbidity as their surface area, and dirt holding capacity is more.
- Pleated type – These are high efficiency cartridges which can even stop bacteria and other pathogens which are present in the water. They have a long life of more than six months. The biggest advantage is that they are washable for any number of times.